Join now - be part of our community!

vaio screen not working

priceyrice217
Visitor

vaio screen not working

hi, i have had my sony vaio for around 5 months max now, and am only just having rpoblems.
my computer just stopped working for what appears to be no reason.
every-time i turn my computer on, it turns on, the lights come on (power, charging and sd card slot light for some reason) but the screen remains blank and the keyboard doesnt appear to be working (if i press the cap lock the light for it doesnt come on)

i have also tried attaching it to an external screen but it doesn't work.

i have been looking for help everywhere but cant find any, so any help would be much appreciated
thanks,
chris

1 REPLY 1
nio_7
Visitor

From your description, it looks like it isn't the lcd that's faulty, but something from the inside.
Of course as you get no screen indication, there's not much you can do.
Before starting your laptop make sure that you have no usb device(s) plugged in or any other peripheral device, like Memory Stick cards or anything else and retry. Just have your laptop fully unplugged from everything and turn it on.
I would suggest that you try once with the DC adapter only and no battery, and a second time with the battery on and no DC adapter connected.

When you turn it on, the Hard Disk activity led, does it flashes (remains constant or what?)??
Can you tell from the HardDisk Led flashes if the laptop loads the OS, or not?