Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio laptop wont connect to internet

profile.country.en_GB.title
richardcmckay
Visitor

Vaio laptop wont connect to internet

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my vaio laptop. It was working fine on Thursday then all of a sudden it stopped connecting to the internet on Friday. It says unable to access network error 138 err network access denied. There does not appear to be any problem with the internet connection/modem as my smartfone is still picking up wifi no problem. I have clicked the internet icon in bottom right of screen which says the status is connected with excellent signal. I have recently downloaded a free trail version of AVG anti-virus but have used the computer fine with this in place prior to this problem. It isnt the wifi switch on the front as this is turned on. Can anyone help as its no use to man nor beast in current form. Many thanks, Richard McKay

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
nikkilim
Visitor

This could be a possible threat issue. Since this issue started just rescently, try to do a system restore. Don't worry, this will not delete your files, just to turn the settings back on your computer to a certain date where it was working fine for you.

And please run a full system scan on this. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif