Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Notebook -link to- Sony Bravia: Blurry

alcaponeza
Visitor

Sony Vaio Notebook -link to- Sony Bravia: Blurry

Hi all,

If anyone can advise i'd be very appreciative.

I have linked my Sony Vaio Notebook VGN-FZ11L to my Sony Bravia 40" (new model), and it comes out blurry. This is because i cannot set the resolution on my laptop to 1920 x 1080.

But my laptop supports Full HD and so does my Bravia naturally.

How do i get my Nvidia 8 to support 1920 x 1080. As it only goes to 1680 max...

Please advise,

6 REPLIES 6
alcaponeza
Visitor

Okay maybe i haven't been clear enough...

5 hours later and no response from anyone.

I connect everything and i get a picture, but it is just not 100% clear. It looks blurred.
Slightly blurry. When what i'm looking for is a crystal clear picture.

Can anyone suggest how i can correct this?

Thanks,

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi alcaponeza and welcome to Club Vaio.

How are you connecting to the Bravia? You are using a HDMI cable not a VGA cable?

I ask because VGA only supports up to 1680x1050 @ 60Hz max and as this is not the native resolution of your Bravia, you will get a fuzzy picture. You need HDMI to get 1080i/p resolution to your Bravia.

What version of the nVidia driver do you have installed?

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Make sure you have the gold plated high quality connection leads and HDMI to HDMI only

alcaponeza
Visitor

Hi many thanks for the response.

Apologies for my late response. I only checked the forums now after so long, as I thought no-one responded to me.

When I get home from work I will try use the S-Video Cable instead of the VGA cable.

Also, I tried downloading the Nvidia Drivers off the Nvidia website, but it didn't work and said I need to go to Sony to download the drivers there, but I am not sure where they mean exactly if anyone can suggest where i should go to for that.

Thank you for your suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
markj1993
Visitor

It depends what your model is :slight_smile:

Sony have different updates for different models so go to support and then click drivers and utilities. Here you need to enter what your model is and the page of updates and drivers will be there :smileygrin:

profile.country.pt_PT.title
luisarn
Explorer

Hi many thanks for the response. 

Apologies for my late response. I only checked the forums now after so long, as I thought no-one responded to me.

When I get home from work I will try use the S-Video Cable instead of the VGA cable.

Also, I tried downloading the Nvidia Drivers off the Nvidia website, but it didn't work and said I need to go to Sony to download the drivers there, but I am not sure where they mean exactly if anyone can suggest where i should go to for that.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Hello!

In order to get FULL HD resolution you must acquire an HDMI cable.
If your notebook supports FULL HD you will find an HDMI output port. Connect the HDMI cable there and connect the other end to the TV.

Don't bother to try the S-Video cable because it won't work because S-Video supports even lower resolution than VGA cable.