Join now - be part of our community!

Battery problem, please help!!!

Nija_Phantom
Visitor

Battery problem, please help!!!

What should I do if a message window, notifying of incompatability or improper installation of battery pack, appears and my computer enters hibernation mode? I checked the sony support and the user manual, but it doesn't really help that much. I bought a replacement battery but the message still pops up. Could anyone pls help me.

2 REPLIES 2
nio_7
Visitor

As i was reading the beginning of your post i remembered having read somewhere else of someone having this same problem, and he finally found out that it was a software problem (but unfortunately i cannot recall the findings). But now that i read your whole message i understand that you must be feeling very frustrated after paying for a 2nd battery (!!!!) as we all know that genuine batteries are quite expensive!

I would suggest that you uninstall and re-install (download updated versions from here >
http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/preinstalled/preinstalled.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=-1&...) all the sony drivers and utilities to your laptop (if you haven't already tried so), and see what happens.

Be aware of the Installation Priority of the utilities! It has to be done in the following order.!

1. Sony Utils DLL
2. Sony Shared Library
3. VAIO Event Service
4. Setting Utility Series

mboucei
Visitor

I had the same problem before 3 hours ago. I re-installed all my drivers but it didn't solve the problem. I thought the problem was with my OS, so I re-installed my OS with my battery installed on my computer -remember with the battery installed on my computer, previously i re-installed my OS and drivers with the battery uninstalled on my computer, and then every time i installed my battery a warning pops up. Now, my problem has been solved. Try, it might work with problem. :cool: