Join now - be part of our community!

SONY TT

TOMMAC58
Visitor

SONY TT

I HAVE JUST RECEIVED MY NEW VAIO VGN TT2 NOTEBOOK. ONE SMALL PROBLEM I HAVE IS, WHEN IM WATCHING A DVD AND SWITCH OFF THE LIGHTS IN MY ROOM THE NOTEBOOK SCREEN DIMS TO A VERY LOW DISPLAY, AND WILL ONLY BRIGHTEN UP AGAIN IF I TURN ON THE ROOM LIGHTS ! IS THERE ANYWAY THIS CAN BE DISABLED ?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi TOMMAC58,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Your Vaio has an ambient light sensor which turns the screen darker if blocked, I guess turning the lights off is having the same effect.

As a temporary solution you could press the Fn & F6 key to increase the brightness again once the screen has gone dark.

Or I'm not 100% sure where the settings for your Ambient light sensor is but try this..

Right click on the power icon in the system tray and click on Power Options.

In the Power Options window under your current power plan click on Change Plan Settings.

Then in the new window click on Change Advanced Power Settings

Hopefully there should be an option to adjust the automatic brightness settings, try looking under display.?

profile.country.en_GB.title
markj1993
Visitor

What power option do you have your laptop set to?

Could this not be an illusion it sounds a bit strange to me. :thinking:

TOMMAC58
Visitor

Hi Thalamus, tried doing the Fn & F6 keys but this doesn't change the brightness as it's showing at 100%. I also tried going into power options, but again there is no option to disable the light sensor.

TOMMAC58
Visitor

I have it set on VAIO OPTIMIZED. And it is no illusion, if Im watching a dvd with the room lights on, the brightness of the screen is great, as soon as i switch the room lights off, the notebook screen goes dim. Just thought there would be a option to disable this .

TOMMAC58
Visitor

Hi, right I have at last managed to disable the light sensor ( its the small white dot above the delete key ) Go to > CONTROL PANEL > VAIO CONTROL CENTER > VAIO POWER MANAGEMENT VIEWER > AUTOMATIC BRIGHTNESS SETTINGS. Then un-check the box next to ADJUST BRIGHTNESS AUTOMATICALLY. This then disables the sensor, so the screen display is at 100% always. Thanks for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent, glad you were able to solve your brightness problem.. :slight_smile: