Visitor

Sony disk check utility?

Is there one?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Quackers88,

both Vista and XP have a check disk utility..

Right-click on the disk you wish to check and select Properties..

In the Disk properties window select the tools tab..

Depending on your Vaio Sony may also have a check disk utility located within the Vaio hardware diagnostics utility..

profile.country.en_GB.title
micdonal
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus, I forgot about the Vaio diagnostics. I will start the full test now.

I have manually run the chkdsk on both drives and they ran ok (well the first 😧 drive run froze up but ran ok 2nd time). And after the 😧 drive locked up the chkdsk utility ran automaticaly on rebooting.
I have run anti virus scans and Mbam anti malware. Some froze but all ran ok in the end. No malware found.
To be honest I thought the 😧 drive was kaput but then the C: drive froze the day after. I can't see both drives failing in 2 days!
I'm open to ideas!

micdonal
Visitor

Update

I ran the Sony recovery tests on both drives and they passed.
I then ran Fujitsu's HDD test (the maker the hard drives). The C: drive passed both the short test and the extended test.
The 😧 drive failed the short test after 10 seconds. The 😧 drive then failed the extended test at 48% with error code B129X0 - don't know what that means but it won't be good!
I have emailed Sony support.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Quackers88,

I don't know what error code B129C0 is either.. :thinking:

Let us know what Sony supports reply is please.?

micdonal
Visitor

Sorry Thalamus I've edited my last post. The error is B129XO and I think it is a Fujitsu code, not a Sony one.
I will report what goes on with Sony.
Thanks.