Join now - be part of our community!

Sharp low noise while full brightness

always_jatin
Visitor

Sharp low noise while full brightness

Hi,

I have purchased VAIO just 3-4 months ago.

Model no is VGN-NR38Z/S

The problem is when I use full brightness on the screen a low sharp noise comes from somwhere near the power button or bottom of screen or fan (can't pick up its exact location). That means while working in silent environment the noise becomes annoying.

Does any one have the same problem??

I have already contacted support but want to know if anyone else had similar problem before preparing to throw (read below) £150.

I contacted support twice.

For the first time the guy asked me to remove the battery and press power button for some time and then replace the battery. I did so but no luck. He also said that we may need to pick up the laptop if this doesn't work. That did not work.

So, I called second time and explained all the situation. This guy said that we will pick up but if laptop has some physical damage then you will have to repair it, which will cost me money. I said OK. Then he said if you don't want to repair the physical damage you will have to pay £150 to get your laptop back. This is a big amount so I asked why???? He said that there may some physical damage and you may be lying (I really did not like his tone. That was rude.)

So I thought before risking £150 let me ask in the forums. So, if someone have similar problem please please let me know and what was the outcome if they contacted support previously.

Thank you in advance.

0 REPLIES 0