Join now - be part of our community!

Poor battery life on Laptop VPCEB3C5E

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
DPTY47
Visitor

Poor battery life on Laptop VPCEB3C5E

Despite following all the guidance given in the Sony manuals, I can get no more than 20 mins operating time out of my battery. My laptop is only 12 months old and has been used mainly on mains power due to the fact that the battery life is so ridiculously short. Having charged it to 80% it says that I have 1hr 46 mins left, however within minutes (seconds sometimes) this has dropped to 17 mins and a very low percent. My machine is therefore not usable as a 'portable' piece of equipment. There have been occasions when I have had less than 5 mins operating time!. Can anyone tell me what I can do. I feel aggreived if I have to buy a new battery as I have had virtually no use out of this one! :angry:

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
flogger12345
Visitor

Based on my experience on laptops, that is fairly normal. Batteries degrade in so many random or a lot of factors. One example is by always using it when the power adapater is plugged in.

I would buy a new battery if I'm fairly satisfied with the laptop's performance. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
flogger12345
Visitor

Based on my experience on laptops, that is fairly normal. Batteries degrade in so many random or a lot of factors. One example is by always using it when the power adapater is plugged in.

I would buy a new battery if I'm fairly satisfied with the laptop's performance. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif

smart2014
Explorer

Hi there

The service life of the battery is limited. When it is used for a certain period of time, the capacity will drop rapidly. You can consider to buy a large capacity battery for your notebook, and use it in good way in order to prolong its service life.

How to discharge and charge laptop battery?

A typical charge and discharge cycle is as follow:
1. Install your newly purchased battery into your laptop
2. Disconnect the AC adapter and use your laptop until it itself shuts down. In this situation, the battery is fully discharged.
3. Connect the AC adapter and your battery should start charging.
4. Charge until the battery is full.
Repeat this charge and discharge cycle a few times and your battery pack will be conditioned to perform at full capacity.
Note: Please do not overdischarge and overcharge your battery.

Best Regards,

Fiona