Join now - be part of our community!

PLEASE HELP - TOOLBAR QUESTION!

georgiegirl
Visitor

PLEASE HELP - TOOLBAR QUESTION!

I am having problems with my toolbars in Internet Explorer (in Vista). I cannot make a permanent selection for which toolbars to be visible. If I right-click on the toolbar area and checkmark the toolbars I want (for example, windows live or norton antivirus or google, etc), this works temporarily while I have my browser open, but as soon as I close the browser and re-open it later it has changed back to the original toolbar settings.

Is there a way to permanently change which toolbars are showing, so it stays that way every time I go online?

I am not sure if this is anything to do with the fact that I just downloaded the new Windows Live package.... and that is when the problems started....

Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you! :slight_smile:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi georgiegirl,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Does pressing the F11 key restore your toolbars.?

drali
Visitor

Personally I would uninstall all the toolbars from the add/remove program window

If you want specific toolbars, (might help) try: F10, click Tools, then click Toolbar and choose which ones you want. Which browser are you using by the way?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Personally I would uninstall all the toolbars from the add/remove program window

If you want specific toolbars, (might help) try: F10, click Tools, then click Toolbar and choose which ones you want. Which browser are you using by the way?

georgiegirl posted:
I am having problems with my toolbars in Internet Explorer (in Vista).