Join now - be part of our community!

New Vaio New Problems

Beans-n-toast
Visitor

New Vaio New Problems

hi my name is dylan and i just bought a new vaio laptop and im having a few problems everytime i turn on my laptop and click on my macfee 60 day trial it appears and then dissapears same with my regrestration icon and ebay icon and i am also having trouble connecting to the internet wirelessly (yes i hace the wlan on) please help me thank you very much

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Dylan and welcome.

What model Vaio have you just bought? You may need some update for the wireless card.

Is there a Macafee icon at the bottom right of your screen? What happens if you double click on it?

:thinking:

Beans-n-toast
Visitor

the make is a vgn-ns and yes there is a icon at the bottom right hand corner and when i click it macfee and a few icons quickly appear and then it dissapears so i and the same thing also happens with other applications. I'm wondering if it had something to do with the fact that when i first turned on my laptop the plug came out and since i had not inserted the battery the computer turned off and then mabey this ment the applications had no chance to load completly....i am also having trouble connecting wirelessly to the internet please help thank you :laughing:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Dylan,

If your Vaio is new and does not have any essential data on it, I would reinstall the operating system back to factory settings and start again from the setup - with the power connected!!

Turn on your Vaio and when you see the first VAIO logo screen, press F10 repeatedly. This should start the Vaio Recovery Centre. If 'Edit Boot Options' appears press ENTER.

Select 'Restore Complete System' and click on START

Keep your Vaio on mains power and do not interrupt the recovery even if it appeard to have stopped - it may take some time.

:wink:

Beans-n-toast
Visitor

Thank you very much your information was very helpful and it worked!!!!!!!!thank you

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Great News!

Just make sure you enjoy that new Vaio of yours!!

:slight_smile: