Join now - be part of our community!

clean upgrade to vista ultimate 64 bit - help please

clean upgrade to vista ultimate 64 bit - help please

Hi,

I have just purchased a vaio VGN FW31ZJ which came with vist home premium 64 bit OS. I need to upgrade to Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Have the CD and have created recovery discs for Vaio software and drivers.

here is my question....

is the process as simple as
1. reformating and installing Ultimate (Windows forum advises a clean install for 64 bit system)
2. then insterting the recovery CD and only choosing to install drivers and software

any assistance would be greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

I have done a clean reinstall of Vista Ultimate 64 bit and loaded all sony drivers. I had problems loading the graphica and memory drivers from Recovery CD so downloaded graphics drivers from support site for sony vaio and it worked after a couple of attempts...will try the same for mem card drivers.

The bigger problem is that I get error 505 when I try and install most of the programs for the recovery CD. I was able to install a few but am now getting this error for all the others. Also most of this software is not available on the support site.

Any assistance would be appreciated

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi business evolutionist and welcome.

Most of the pre-installed applications are not available for download and you will lose these if you choose to change the Operating System on your Vaio.

What are you trying to install?

:thinking: