Join now - be part of our community!

More Vaio update problems (SVD1322Z9EB)

1eyedjack
Explorer

More Vaio update problems (SVD1322Z9EB)

Hi folks, sorry to pile it on. I realise that 99% of the problems posted here are about Vaio update problems.  It has been a struggle, but I am nearly there.  Just need a bit of assist with the last mile.

Vaio Update now persistently reports just two updates that need installing:

"Audio Driver (Realtek)"

and

"NFC Connection Utility"

Both report familiar error 0xA0010003

So I went to the Sony support site to download manually the drivers and software.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/SVD1322Z9E/list#os3

I found the Audio Driver, successfully downloaded and installed.  When I look at the properties of the installed driver it reports that the current driver is 6.0.1.7135, issued in Jan 2014, which matches the version advertised on the Sony support site.  So, I seem to have the latest version, but Vaio Update continues to report that I need to instal the update, and I cannot find any way to tell Vaio Update that it is already installed to the latest version.

As for the NFC Connection Utility, I cannot find any software on the Sony Support site matching this description.

Any ideas regarding either of these issues?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
iagibso49

I also can't install the NFC Connection Utility. I've tried to find where I install it manually, but can't. Vaio update keeps asking me if I want to install it, but then produces an error when I try to do so "Installation failed". Shoddy software.