Join now - be part of our community!

Display problem VGN-FE21H

hydveda
Visitor

Display problem VGN-FE21H

Hi guys

I have recently re-installed windows XP on my laptop, now no display drivers seems to work on my laptop? I have tried Originally installed driver, Updated drivers, both don't work. All other driver package work just fine, except the drivers for the display card.

Any ideas?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi hydveda and welcome to Club Vaio.

How have you tried to install the driver? I don't think the original driver has an executable installer, so you will need to install the driver from Device Manager.

1. Find your nVidia GeForce Go 7400 in Device Manager and double-click on it.
2. Go to Driver tab and select Update Driver.
3. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
4. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
5. Select Have Disk....
6. Select Browse....
7. Browse to the folder with the driver in it.
8. Next ..........
9. If you get a warning screen, select "Install Anyway".
10. Close & Re-Boot

Or you could try the latest Sony compatible driver here: -

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers/xp/174.74

:wink:

hydveda
Visitor

Hi Blencogo

Thanks for your reply, the driver software link you gave me didn't work for my laptop. It said it couldn't find any compatible hardware on my system.

My Graphics adapter is GeForce Go 7400 with TurboCache supporting 256 MB.

The steps you showed me is the exact how I tried to install the drivers, it does not work, it keeps on giving me blue screen errors. I don't understand this at all, original drivers pack are the one's I always installed and they used to work all the time, but this time it won't accept the drivers for the graphics adapter.

Any suggestions?

Regards

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Not sure what to suggest.

Does the GeForce Go 7400 show in Device Manager? Is there a yellow warning and if so, what is the error code quoted?

:thinking:

hydveda
Visitor

When I try to install the drivers it does detect the device as GeForce 7400, but as soon as the screen flickers to adjust new driver settings blue screen shows up.