Join now - be part of our community!

Bluescreen problem

RTSB
Visitor

Bluescreen problem

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

I have had my VGN-NS10L since December and over the last month or so have had periodic bluescreen shutdown what does this mean and what's the solution?

I'm a bit of a dimwit when it comes to computers so would be extremely grateful for any help.

Thanks
RT :slight_smile:

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi RTSB and welcome to Club Vaio.

You need to find out what is causing the Vaio to 'blue screen'. It is usually caused by a corrupted or incompatible driver or a hardware problem.

There is usually a message on the blue screen that gives details of what has caused the error - but it usually disappears so fast you don't have a chance to identify it!!!

The best thing to do is to turn off the automatic restart - so the blue screen will stay on the screen until you hold down the power button to turn off the Vaio.

To turn off automatic restart: -

1. Click Start button.
2. From Start menu Click Control panel.
3. In Control Panel Click the System icon.
4. In the System Window look on the Left hand side of the window and you will see a list of options. Click on the Advanced System Settings option.
5. Because Computer management requires administrative privileges you may find the User Account Control will pop up. If it does then enter the required information (if you are not the administrator) or, if you are the administrator, click the Continue button.
6. In the Advanced Settings window look for the Startup and Recovery section and then Click the Settings button.
7. In the Startup and recovery window look for the section marked System failure and remove the 'tick' mark from the 'Automatically Restart' option. Now press the OK button.
8. Finally click the OK button on the System properties Window and then close the system window.

After you have identified the message turn auto restert back on again.

If you post the message here, someone may be able to help.

:thinking: