Join now - be part of our community!

Battery Life

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
DaminiGorsia
Visitor

Battery Life

Does plugging in the AC power adapter damage the battery life if I don't remove the battery before I plug in the adapter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi DaminiGorsia,

There are mixed opinions on this. Some say that if you are generally using the notebook on AC power then it is best to charge the battery to 60/80% and then remove and store it.

However if your model has the battery care utility (Vaio Control Panel > Power Management > Battery Care Functions), and this is enabled, you can stop charging at any % you choose by entering the Advanced options – default is 80%. From what I understand it is constant charging to 100% that causes damage to the battery.

BTW did you manage to solve the sound interference problem as posted in an earlier thread?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi DaminiGorsia,

There are mixed opinions on this. Some say that if you are generally using the notebook on AC power then it is best to charge the battery to 60/80% and then remove and store it.

However if your model has the battery care utility (Vaio Control Panel > Power Management > Battery Care Functions), and this is enabled, you can stop charging at any % you choose by entering the Advanced options – default is 80%. From what I understand it is constant charging to 100% that causes damage to the battery.

BTW did you manage to solve the sound interference problem as posted in an earlier thread?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
DaminiGorsia
Visitor

Hey Rich,

Thank you, I'll try that, hopefully it will work and my battery will last longer.

Unfortunately I don't have the battery care utility option.

Yes, I did solve the problem I had previously, thanks to your help : )

Damini