Join now - be part of our community!

sony svr-hdt500 conflicts

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mattgsmith1
Visitor

sony svr-hdt500 conflicts

does anyone know if you can conect 2 sony svr-hdt500 recorders to a sony bravia tv when they have been set up we can not get them to work independently not sure if we need to code the remote controls or if there is something we are not setting up right any ideas would be greatly appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I had a look at SVR manual and I agree with you that seems missing any options to change the remote command mode. You may want to use the procedure for rdr-hxd remote change (if I remember well just pressing 1or 2 or 3 followed by ENTER) but missing the option on the deck you just risk to have the remote not working (you may still reset it...). The only reason I may imagine for such missing option is that this is called "DVD mode" and your recorder is not a DVD reader/writer...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I don't have the manual for your recorder but normally you have 3 command mode for these type of devices: DVD1/2/3. Look in the manual how to change one of them with a different DVD command mode.

mattgsmith1
Visitor

Thanks for reply i agree that there is normally three options for setting command control for rdr-hxd models i find this in others in the settings menu but i cannot find in the svr-hdt500 settings menu i wanted two recorders working side by side but the remote works both and the only thing i can think off as a stop gap is to mask the ir reader all my tv gear is sony  this is problem that sony don,t give an option for multi recorders  cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I had a look at SVR manual and I agree with you that seems missing any options to change the remote command mode. You may want to use the procedure for rdr-hxd remote change (if I remember well just pressing 1or 2 or 3 followed by ENTER) but missing the option on the deck you just risk to have the remote not working (you may still reset it...). The only reason I may imagine for such missing option is that this is called "DVD mode" and your recorder is not a DVD reader/writer...

mattgsmith1
Visitor

Thanks for reply the option with the rxd-hdd combi the command code works both dvd and hdd as it codes remotes to each unit if they are in close together but sony haven,t given this option with the svt-hdd recorder i have the sony sound stand and i hope that its multi function remote may control my 2nd twin tuner regards matt

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I don't see how your sound system can command them. As far as I kown (I have an HTCT350) it use the same infrared commands that the original remote is using so ... it should have the same problem. I'm afraid there is no solution valid for you.

May I ask why you use two unit in parallel: it already spots a twin digital tuner, do you want to record 4 programs at the same time ? :slight_smile: