Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S570 and playing a Blue ray purchased in Canada

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tt51mac
Visitor

BDP-S570 and playing a Blue ray purchased in Canada

I have a BDP-S570 and have a couple of discs, DVD and Blue Ray that I purchased that dont play on my UK machine.

The film "Shakespeare in Love" is only distributed in Blue ray in Canada and is unavailable in the UK.

The other is a childrens DVD "Olivia" distributed by Nickolodean in North America and also not available in the UK.

Is there any way of playing these discs or do I need to import a US specification DVD player?

Kind regards

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

theres no way out for the blu ray disc however you say the other one you imported is DVD, the only way round this would be to buy one of those players with region free DVD players, what this means is if you buy a blu ray player with region free playback you can only play DVD'S on it that are region free, blu ray's will still be region locked.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nikkilim
Visitor

That is correct. The region settings on the DVD from UK is preventing you from viewing it. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

Bravia55HX

Hi,

theres no way out for the blu ray disc however you say the other one you imported is DVD, the only way round this would be to buy one of those players with region free DVD players, what this means is if you buy a blu ray player with region free playback you can only play DVD'S on it that are region free, blu ray's will still be region locked.