Join now - be part of our community!

Sony QX10 - Date & Time incorrect

SOLVED
Stein11
New

Sony QX10 - Date & Time incorrect

....but how do I set the date from my iphone4? Tagging leaves images on 1. Jan 2013 in my albums on ipad.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,
An iOS PlayMemories update v3.2.1 has been released that should hopefully address the date not updating correctly on your iOS device..
If you did not use the temp fix that I mentioned above could you please let us know if the iOS update does fix the date/time issue please.?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Stein11 and welcome.

It seems to work OK with Android phones but not with iOS.

I, and others, have the same problem.

This may be an iOS App problem and we will try to get more information.
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Stein11 wrote:
....but how do I set the date from my iphone4? Tagging leaves images on 1. Jan 2013 in my albums on ipad.

Hi Stein11,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Unfortunately there is not an option to set the date & time manually on the QX10, it's supposed to synchronize with the mobile phone once connected via wifi but as Blencogo has mentioned this is not always the case..:smileyconfused:

I, like you, have images dated 1st January but some other have reported that the date is correct when they connected the QX10 to there iOS device..

However there is a workaround that worked for me, connect your QX10 to a Android device, Mobile, Tablet, etc. or a friends if you do not have one and the date should update the date & time correctly. If you o not have a friend with an android device you could always pop into your local store & ask if you can sync your QX with one of their devices..:smileywink:

In case your thinking when I reconnected my QX to my iPhone the date did not revert back to the 1st January..

Hopefully Blencogo will be able to get some information but in the meantime at least you have an option to get correct your QX's date & time..

Hope this helps..

mpruthi
New

Also got the same issue, which mean by backups are dated wrong. Please help
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,
An iOS PlayMemories update v3.2.1 has been released that should hopefully address the date not updating correctly on your iOS device..
If you did not use the temp fix that I mentioned above could you please let us know if the iOS update does fix the date/time issue please.?
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Seems to be OK now Thal.

I have not tried uploading to a PC but the date is now showing today on the iPhone instead of 1st January.
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent thanks for confirming that the iOS update resolves the date/time issue Blencogo..:smileythumbsup:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

For any iOS users out there..

New PlayMemories update v3.3.0 released that reports to improve QX10/100 stability with iOS7 devices..