Join now - be part of our community!

PMB automatic folder names are no good - can they be changed?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
broglet
Explorer

PMB automatic folder names are no good - can they be changed?

I use Sony's PMB program for importing pictures to my PC. The problem is that if I choose to automatically create a new folder for every new event, the folder that is created, which is named by date, is of the format dd-mm-yyyy so the folders cannot by sorted correctly. Is there a way to make the automatic format yyyy-mm-dd?
Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi broglet, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I believe PMB will reflect the settings you use in Windows' Control Panel, as there's no option I know of to alter the date format within the program itself. Incidentally, you do that using Customise in the Regional settings, not by changing the Date & Time settings...

You could also try an alternative image browser: Windows Live lets you do this, as does FastStone http://faststone.org/index.htm Both are free downloads.

Hopefully one of those solutions will give you what you're looking for.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi broglet, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I believe PMB will reflect the settings you use in Windows' Control Panel, as there's no option I know of to alter the date format within the program itself. Incidentally, you do that using Customise in the Regional settings, not by changing the Date & Time settings...

You could also try an alternative image browser: Windows Live lets you do this, as does FastStone http://faststone.org/index.htm Both are free downloads.

Hopefully one of those solutions will give you what you're looking for.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

It is possible to manually change the import folder name each time the PMB import wizard starts. But the DEFAULT folder name will always be in the dd-mm-yyyy format