Join now - be part of our community!

How can i formate the memory stick on the camera or iMac?

SOLVED
profile.country.de_DE.title
kleinePipi
Visitor

How can i formate the memory stick on the camera or iMac?

I have a sony Cyber-Shot 13.6 Mega pixels. When i delete the photos from the memory stick on my iMac the display of the camera says " no memory space on the memory card". How can i formate the memory stick on the camera or iMac?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello and welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The easiest way for you to format this memory card would be to insert this into the memory card reader on your iMac, select the memory card itself and you should see an option saying 'Format' which will allow you to erase the memory card.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello and welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The easiest way for you to format this memory card would be to insert this into the memory card reader on your iMac, select the memory card itself and you should see an option saying 'Format' which will allow you to erase the memory card.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

MAC places the recycle bin in the same volume as the generic files, so unless you do not empty the trash bin the space on the memory card remains occupied. So just empty the trash bin (MAC). Of course you can format the card in the camera (setup menu)

nikkilim
Visitor

You can actually reformat it at the camera itself. Make sure to have all the photos backed up. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

cmosse wrote:

Of course you can format the card in the camera (setup menu)

nikkilim wrote:

You can actually reformat it at the camera itself. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

nikkilim, as with many of your replies the 'advice' you have given has already been mentioned in the post above..:smileyconfused::smileyconfused:

brrobin19
Explorer

Hi, I always thought cards to be formated had to be done on the camera or camcorder. I must admit I have

never tried formating on my laptop since i was always taught to use the unit using the card.

Brian