Join now - be part of our community!

Cash Back refused?

profile.country.GB.title
Gordonious
New

Cash Back refused?

I bought. 16-35, f4 on 23rd November. I received an email telling me they had not received the proof of purchase. I replied with the information required only to get an email 10 days later to tell me they had not received the proof of purchase within the required 10 days and that my claim was no longer valid. I love my Sony cameras and lenses but their customer service is a disgrace. They have made the cash back process so convoluted and difficult and the wording on their emails is very poor. Come on Sony, You can do better than this.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Gordon,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Sorry to hear about this.  I would recommend giving the support team a call on 0207 365 2810 to ask they look into this further for you. 

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
johnkv
Explorer

I bought a Sony lens on 22 January.

Registered it and tried to claim the cashback offer.

The on-line system seemed to refuse to respond to the claim - that is, it would not progress to the next screen.

Rang Sony support to query and they advised me that, although the cashback offer applied to purchases made before the end of January, the system will not allow a claim for the cashback until a month has elapsed from the date of purchase to allow for the possibility of peope returning the purchased item.

Fair enough but the web site didn't bother to explain that.

profile.country.GB.title
Gordonious
New

It is incredibly frustrating. My brother bought a rx100m4 and has had the same trouble. It feels like they are trying to wear me down to the point where I give up or the offer is no longer valid. This will make people turn their back on Sony which is a shame because I am absolutely delighted with the quality of the products. I want to buy a fast prime but I might just buy the mc100 and go for third party lenses.

Sent from my iPad