Join now - be part of our community!

A6000 won't send photo's to iPhone 6s

profile.country.GB.title
dagarve51
Explorer

A6000 won't send photo's to iPhone 6s

My new A6000 won't send photo's to my iPhone 6s. I have followed all the instructions and online blogs etc. and nothing works. I can get the phone to control the camera to take photo's but when I try to send photo's I just get the spinning circles saying connecting. Very disappoiniting as this is one of the reasons I bought it and have now discovered that I am not the only person having this issue.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Have you downloaded the PlayMemories Mobile app?  You should be able to transfer photos wirelessly to your phone from the app. More details on this here.

Let me know how you get on? 

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
dagarve51
Explorer

Hi Sean, yes I’ve downloaded that app. I have been able to use it to control the camera to take photos but it just won’t transfer photos. I also added the syn to mobile app to the camera but I’m still unable to transfer photos to my phone.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again,

Can you have a look at the following video here which may offer some further help.

Let me know if this helps.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
dagarve51
Explorer

Hi Sean, thanks for this. Unfortunately I have tried all the steps mentioned in the Lync. I have also deleted and reinstalled the app on my phone but it hasn’t helped. I just keep getting spinning circles and a messsge saying connecting.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again,

Can you try to disconnect within the access point in the settings of the PlayMemories App. If you then connect the camera via NFC and try and transfer the photos. 

Let me know how if this helps.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
dagarve51
Explorer

Hi Sean, access point was already discounted in the app -should have been connected?

For NFC I thought that was only for androids not iPhones?

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again, 

Please see help to transfer wirelessly here.

I would also recommend getting in touch with the support team who will be able to assist further.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
dagarve51
Explorer

Hi Sean

Thansk for all your help. This hasn't resolved the issue so I'll contact the support team as you suggested. Again thanks for your help.

David

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi David,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues. 

Please let us know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc