Join now - be part of our community!

xperia z gyroscope problem

gyroscope
Visitor

xperia z gyroscope problem

Hi.please i need help.since the last update to 4.3 my gyroscope and proximity sensor are not working anymore.so the auto rotation and all games and apps that depends on gyroscope are useless.i have done the repair process on pc companion but still not working.note that there is no protective cover over the prox.sensor.
Tags (1)
38 REPLIES 38
Garry_Owen
Visitor

I have the the same issue  with the gyroscope not working, but also the accelerometer and proximity sensor not working. It seems to me unlikley that it could be a hardware component failure (all three fail at the same time?) Perhaps mine will 'mend' itself? If not I investigate the repair / replacment route.

hemanng
Visitor

me too !!! solved after resetting phon but again stopped !!

Tags (1)
Garry_Owen
Visitor

Hemanng, did you do a factory reset?
IceDefender
Visitor

Does anyone have a solution to this yet.

Mine stopped working, I then did the recent android update, no joy.

It then started working for a few days and stopped again.

I get no response from gyro or accel in the service test.

Very annoying as my pictures don't rotate and google skymap has no idea where I am.

Sony needs to sort this.

Garry_Owen
Visitor

I have just done a factory reset and no joy. 

did the service test just to confirm

*#*#7378423#*#* in phonepad/ dialpad > service tests >

gyroscope  - fail

accellerometer - fail

proximity sensor - fail

getting ever closer to a warranty issue i'm afraid.... I'm trying to avoid loosing the phone for several weeks (my experience last time) but I think it will be the only alternative.

rkjain
Visitor

please help me. im facing the same issue
gyroscope, accelerometer and compass are not working
I even tried testing through *#*#7378423#*#*
but during testing the indicators did not change i.e. all were zero

kindly help as my phone is not in warranty
MulhamSh
Visitor

Hi, Same problem here

I've heard tha a new 4.4.4 update is rolling out so I'd like to know from people who got the update whether it's fixed or not 

because I've flashed my device back to the old 4.3 firmware because of that and I don't want to update until I'm sure the gyroscope will be working

falconPUNCH
Visitor

Yeah, same problem here, proximity sensor misbehaving, accelerometer and the gyroscope, all three of them have gon haywire, tests fail and*#*#7378423#*#* doesn't register any change

Halp pls
johnnykk
Visitor

hello.

I have the same problem onmy xperia z3.

I used the phone on the pool, taking some pictures.. My phone works good but the accelerometer and gyroscope do not work properly.

I did the factory test *#*#7378423#*#* but all the test are negative

Jcr1
Visitor

Anyone get any joy on how to fix it? The gyroscope on my Z3 stopped working a few days ago and had no luck doing a system repair. Avoid this phone, the build quality is terrible the screen smashed from a small drop that even a Iphone would of survived. Get the Z1 they're bullet proof and have a built in screen protector.