Z1211
Visitor

Video calling on Z5

Video calling on Z5

8 REPLIES 8
Jonas
Master

Hi @Z1211, welcome to our forum!

There is no inbuilt feature for video calling in your Xperia Z5 so you will need to download an application from the Google Play store to make video calls, such as Google Hangouts, Google Duo.

If you search for "video calling" or "video calls" you should find some different alternatives!

I hope that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

QuasarZX121
Visitor

Hello,

I couldn’t believe when I search for this feature on my phone, and couldn’t find it.

Even my old Samsung Galaxy 3 had this feature.

Is this a software or hardware problem ?

Jonas
Master

Hi @QuasarZX12, welcome to our forum!

I'm afraid that video calling is not part of the calling function in Xperia devices, so you will need to look for a third party application in the Google Play store to make video calls, such as Google Hangouts or Google Duo!

I'll make sure to forward your wishes internally as user feedback and have a great day! Slightly_smiling_Face

QuasarZX121
Visitor

Hi Jonas,

The problem with using third party application is that the other person on the other end as to have the same app installed.

I know that Video calling is not Android native, but Samsung has implement that option long time ago on their older phones.

So, they only depend on the network. I think that it would be feasible to implement on this phone and on the new ones.

Thanks for forward my and of many people wishes of this option internally. Hope it goes foward.

JF

Jonas
Master

Hi again!

I totally understand that and as far as I know, if you make a video call from another device, the receiving device needs to support this feature as well as a downloaded application is not used.

Thanks again for your feedback and have a great day! Slightly_smiling_Face

Tyesha
Visitor

hi my names tyesha miles its arent z5 videochat for the deaf?

Tyesha
Visitor

i need replacement z5 camera and i have police report copy

Jonas
Master

Hi @Tyesha,

I don't use video calls myself but I can see how it can be very useful if you for example, are away from family and friends, as it is a bit more personal than a normal phone call.

Regarding the camera, all repairs are made by authorized service centres so please get in touch with your Local support team and they will arrange a repair for you. I'm not sure quite sure what the police report is about though.

I hope that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face