Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia Z5 Would not turn On

KikiKaka
Visitor

Sony Xperia Z5 Would not turn On

I just got xperia z5 like two days ago and suddenly the handphone shutdown on it owns 

I have tried to open in and force restart(press button power and +) and still cant open it,When i try to restart there is no vibration,I already try without sim card and sd card,still nothing

I tried to charge the phone using the charger that given with the phone and still cant open, the charge icon don't appear on my screen phone

I have tried to use xperia companion and still got nothing,my phone blinking red light when i connect the usb charger also

I have charge the phone for 8 hour and the light still show red(which mean low battery,if green full battery)

What should i do know to open the phone,or is  the battery damage

3 REPLIES 3
Jonas
Master

Hi @KikiKaka, sorry to hear about your phone not starting up. Slightly_frowning_Face

I can see that you have already tried most of the troubleshooting on your own, but there is also a small little OFF button in the SIM card slot, that I would recommend that you press with tip of a pen or similar object, for 120 seconds, while ignoring all vibrations.

After pressing it for 120 seconds, charge the device until you hopefully see a charging icon on the screen and then you can turn on the device.

If you still aren't able to turn on the device, the last thing that you can try is to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. Just make sure that the device is not connected to the computer when you start with the repair.

The repair will also delete all data stored on the internal storage and since it can't be powered on, a backup will not be possible to create.

Let me know how it goes!

KikiKaka
Visitor

I already try the small button on the sim card but the phone doesn't even vibrating
Also try thr xperia companion but my phone cant turn on,I already charge like 24 hour's, it's new phone

Jonas
Master

Hi again!

Can you try and perform the software repair anyway? It doesn't require the device to be powered on, just remember to not have it connected to the computer when you start with the repair. You will be asked later on to connect it to the computer though.

If the device is brand new and it still doesn't work after performing a software repair, it will need to be repaired and for further assistance with this matter, get in touch with the Local support team in your market, or with the retailer/seller.