Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia z5 Black Screen

redone2500
Visitor

Sony Xperia z5 Black Screen

Hello,

I was using my phone earlier today and as usual it gave a temperture warning so I powered it off and went in my car to drive somewhere. When I got there and powered on the device it vibrated but the screen remained black (notification light is working and vibrations for notifications but no display ), any ideas ?

I have already attempted powering of the device by holding the power and volume up buttons but other then vibration no success. 

16 REPLIES 16
redone2500
Visitor

It over heated so I powered it off when I turned it off the display remained blank as far as I read I did not violate the terms of the warrenty, unless turning it off and leaving it in my pocket are violations lol. Without the IMEI number I can not send it to them but I don't have the number because the screen does not work.

jackedoff
Visitor

Good luck with it anyhow I've never known a warranty situation to be so 1 sided without appeal or any mitigating circumstances they have a 100% stance regarding there super strict warranty. People buy the phones in good faith the phones break at the drop of a hat they have you by the short & curlys. My honest advice would be is seriously take it to a independent phone shop don't worry about invalidating the warranty that doesn't exist anyway take it from there. As a very very last last resort (can't put enough emphasis on this) take it to the service centre but before you do get a friend to video you posting it at a certain time & take photographs at that certain time of its cosmetic condition.

jackedoff
Visitor

I'm not making things up or exaggerating just do your research I wish I had listened to people before I sent mine off. You are dealing with a renegade cowboy outfit here.

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

@redone2500: try to check the box that came with your device. the IMEI is printed there. also if you check along the sim card slot. there is a pullout tab that has the IMEI

Brerferret
Visitor

I had same problem but overcame with patience.

When screen goes black you should see a very small box in top left-hand corner.

If so this may work. Use the camera button below vol up and down and take a photo. Screen should become active . Now push on the small tile showing the picture.you have just taken and this will open the album.

From here pull down the screen to reveal notifications. Hopefully this should be sufficient. Now on the bottom toolbar should be visible for page back home page and open apps press for home page and open any app.

Now your phone should run normally unless you do restart or run down battery in which case you may have to repeat steps above. Good luck

MarkDaShark
Visitor

I have tried all the suggested tips and hacks as mentioned in this forum and other online forums.

Nothing works.

I think that this product is a piece of garbage.

Poor reflection of a once reliable company

DingDong69
Visitor

I am in the same boat.

I have an Xperia Z5 compact.

I have now spent numerous hours trawling forums, rebooting, plugging in and out, trying different cominations of button holds, to find a solution.

When I turn the phone on, screen is backlit but black. Phone will still recieve messages and make sounds.

Cannot do software repair as without a screen it is simply imossible. Spent hours last night trying to "Switch phone off" "Hold volume down key while you connect to cmputer" and "Waiting for app to automatically proceed".

Reboot with Volume Up + Power doesn't fix it, reboot with pin in power button next to sim card slot doesn't fix it.

Is there any other way to do a hard reset or software reimage without access to screen? (PC won't recognise it without access to screen)

It seems ludicrous to junk this expensive POS because of a software issue.

Can Sony please step up and take respinsibility for this design flaw.