Join now - be part of our community!

Soft Skin effect

SOLVED
BigSigh
Visitor

Soft Skin effect

This won't turn off. Tried front and back cameras. Tried disabling enabling all settings. Tried force stop camera app in Apps list, clearing data, restart.
Even installed Google's camera app and these photos get processed too!

Extremely frustrated and now thinking of refund
Tags (1)
95 REPLIES 95
syneman
Visitor

Ok, Thanks. I even noticed on phone camera reviews it got a poor write up on the front camera and the sample photo was of course blurry with sift skin effect on.

syneman
Visitor

It's gotta be Android 5.1.1 as I tried it on a z3c running kitkat 4.4 and pictures from front were ok. Also tried a new z5 and had blurry not sharp images from the front camera too.
juniormarbles
Visitor

I'm sorry to hear this.
I've forwarded this internally and will let you know as soon as i have more information.

sony_sign_logo.png Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

Not yet i'm afraid. As soon as i have any news i will let you know.

sony_sign_logo.png Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

Eight pages of desperate customers asking Sony for help with one commonly found problem. Yet, no Sony answer . This is Sony's own Xperia Z3 forum! And no answer and solution will come from Sony, I suspect. And that jives with my experience:

/t5/Xperia-Z3/Horrendous-Customer-Service/td-p/1037148   

Sony's response for its phone customers seeking help is beyond bad. It is non-existent. I have never encountered a bigger gap between a product 's quality or its perception of quality, and its customer service. The company is simply too big to keep it accountable to its customers. If I have a bad iPhone, I go to an iPhone store and get help. Sony has no brick and mortar stores in the U.S. - a place where Sony employees would physically encounter another human being in need of help with a Sony product. That lack of Sony's face-to-face interaction may be at the heart of the company's unconscionably bad customer care.

syneman
Visitor

I'm about to sell this phone and go back to Apple. It is quite pathetic that Sony can't get this camera fix and improve the camera software. Google camera app has better processing.
syneman
Visitor

I'm really shocked that Sony doesn't do anything or even say anything to this widespread problem. I am almost sure it is teared to Lollipop aa I tried a store phone with Kitkat and the front camera was acting normal.
I wonder if Marshmallow will maybe fix it? Seems this issue has been lingering around for a while now. Shame as phone is great besides this serious issue.
syneman
Visitor

I bought an IPhone 6 today. I had enough. I'll never buy Sony again!
BigSigh
Visitor

Syneman...you have kept me and probably all the Sony staff that may read your posts entertained.
This issue like I'm sure many others, was raised over a year ago.... It's never been admitted to and certainly no solid fix was rested or found.
To expect Sony to reply within a timely manner, to actually help...was extremely optimistic. So join the rest of the severely let down Sony mobile owners and good luck with any other manufacturer.
Ensix
Visitor

Sorry to destroy your hopes but Marshmallow won't fix it (I've checked it myself). I don't understand Sony, what's the point of upgrading to Marshmallow if there still are major bugs? It doesn't make any sense, why release Marshmallow at all then?

syneman
Visitor

I still have this phone and I just bought an Iphone 6. due to this issue. I think it's really insane that I and hundreds of users have not had any proper reply from Sony support. It is one of the worst things companies can do to a customer to not even try or reply. It's a shame as the phone otherwise is quite good and this camera bug could be fixed in the firmware. The only thing is bad word will get around and sales will drop on Sony.