Join now - be part of our community!

Soft Skin effect

SOLVED
BigSigh
Visitor

Soft Skin effect

This won't turn off. Tried front and back cameras. Tried disabling enabling all settings. Tried force stop camera app in Apps list, clearing data, restart.
Even installed Google's camera app and these photos get processed too!

Extremely frustrated and now thinking of refund
Tags (1)
95 REPLIES 95
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Just make sure you are on manual mode.

alexdon
wellington1
Visitor

Thanks YoGem, but I forgot to mention I did turn off this effect manualy and it still remains. Hey Sony, please help meeee:smileycry Crying_Face

wellington1
Visitor

Hi Alexdon

Even turning off the effect it persists.

jowel
Visitor

same situation Slightly_frowning_Face

aier
Visitor

adding my old post, this effect came back again and can't be fixed !@#$

XTender
Visitor

So are there any Updates on this Bug?

I have this on my Z3 and its a bit "annoying" 😕

Did we get a Software Update soon?

Landsam
Visitor

Hi I had the same problem until I changed my camera mode to manual and changed the resolution (in the menu by pressing the three dots in the left top corner) to 20.7MP now the smooth/soft skin effect has gone and my pictures are crystal clear! Hope this helps!!
XTender
Visitor

No this does not work.

Did you also used the Front-Face Camera ?

anasecura
Visitor

I wonder if I can get my money back using the warranty because of annoying soft skin bug. I know that Sony denies it and makes all the excuses possible but come on. If you simply google: "sony z3 turn off soft skin effect", there will be 100s of people talking about this problem. How can all of them make it up? As for me, I have posted a message about that with pictures, explaining everything, then I emailed the support team but nothing has changed. So I am fed up. How can I keep this phone if Sony can't fix one simple mistake? 

And here is my last post: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Soft-Skin-effect/m-p/922975#M5935