shudou
Visitor

sim lock sony z5 network subset x

please help me 

14 REPLIES 14
Jonas
Master

Hi @shudou, welcome to our community!

When you put in a SIM card from a different provider, are you asked to enter a NUC (Network Unlock Code) in your device? If that is the case, you will need to get in touch with your operator and ask them for this code, so you can use the device with a SIM card from a different operator.

If you follow the instructions below, you can check if you have any remaining attempts to remove this lock.

1. Remove any SIM card from the Xperia device.
  2. Turn on the device.
  3. Dial *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
  4. Tap Service info > SIM lock.
  5. Look for the 'X' mark.
  6. If 'X' is on Network and the value is different than 0, you can remove your device's operator lock.

I hope that helps!

shiju03
Visitor

my xperia z5 has a x mark on  network subset  tried other operator sim card doesnt work .It doesnt ask for code neither .how to unlock network subset?

Jonas
Master

Hi @shiju03, welcome to our forum!

Is it only shown at network subset or at network as well? There should be a number between 0-10 a bit to the right of the text in the same menu, which will let you know how many attempts you have left to remove the network lock on the device, what does this number say in your device?

Thank you.

shiju03
Visitor

hi, the x mark is only on network subset with a  number 5 .

Jonas
Master

Hi again @shiju03, thank you for this information.

It should be at network as well if it was locked to an operator, so it sound a bit strange.

Would it be possible for you to get back to me with your IMEI number in a private message?

You can see your IMEI number if you open up the Phone application and then type in *#06#.

Thank you!

XperiaZ5sov32
Visitor

Hi. I have the same problem. I sent you my imei in PM. Help me.

Jonas
Master

Hi @XperiaZ5sov32, sorry for the late reply, I have been out of office due to vacation.

I have answered the PM that you sent me, so have a look in your inbox! Slightly_smiling_Face

Aliefdz
Visitor

@Jonas wrote:

Hi @shiju03, welcome to our forum!

Is it only shown at network subset or at network as well? There should be a number between 0-10 a bit to the right of the text in the same menu, which will let you know how many attempts you have left to remove the network lock on the device, what does this number say in your device?

Thank you.

In my device (x) is 0. How to fix this 

Thanks

Jonas
Master

Hi @Aliefdz, welcome to our forum!

The 0 indicates that you have no more attempts left to enter the network unlocking code and the device will need to be sent to an authorized service centre so the attempts can be reset. Your Local support team will assist you further with this and answer any questions you may have regarding the service in your market.

Let me know if that helps!