Join now - be part of our community!

Not able to see photos stored in SD after restart

Wallin
Visitor

Not able to see photos stored in SD after restart

By default I save my pic on SD and not any cloud. But reacently Z1 was not cooporating so in fustration I restarted the dam thing.

However besides for the few apps I accually installed and lost, someting happend with photos stored in SD, coz I can´t see them, but I can get info of them like size and each and everyone have a black moutain in gallery.

When I take new photos and store them into same SD I see them all.

Phone was crypted before restart but not SD, and seems to be still.

Now I just speculating, Do I have to use the same app to view photos that I shot them with?

4 REPLIES 4
Jonas
Master

Hi @Wallin, sorry to hear that. Slightly_frowning_Face

It could be the media storage that is acting up here and the media files needs to be categorized again.

If you go to Settings > Apps and then swipe to the right so you end up at the tab called "All" > scroll down and find "Media storage" > tap on it > Clear data > OK.

Restart the device and wait 15-20 minutes and then open up the Album application again and see if you can view the transferred photos.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

Wallin
Visitor

Hi, Can`t find any app called Media storage where you described.

Tryed the SD in the computer, same result "cant read file or file seems to be corrupt.

When I open a photo (that`s not working), I can get details and in that info it clearly states where it is located..but you think this could be wrong?

Wallin
Visitor

...But it is NOT the same place as a photo that works...

Jonas
Master

Hi @Wallin, sorry to hear that.

In an Xperia Z1 Compact that is where the app should be located. Can you double check which model you have? You can find this information in Settings > (System) > About phone.

If it is the same on a computer, it does unfortunately sound like the file is corrupt and this can be because there are corrupt sectors on the SD card which would explain why the new photos that are taken works as they are stored in a different place on the SD card.

It's hard to do anything about what has happened, but if you reach out to the company that your SD card is from, they may have some repair/recovery software available that you can try and run.