Join now - be part of our community!

My Xperia / Sony account - for finding lost phone

SOLVED
faxp
Visitor

My Xperia / Sony account - for finding lost phone

So, I registered my phone (Xperia z3c) over at account.sonymobile.com and linked that account with the general sony.com account.

Now on my phone I activated the "My Xperia" - tracking, however I use a different email adress (google account) on that phone. So now it tells me I should register with that google adress at sony.com, while I'm actually registered and have an account (but with a different email adress) on sony.com.

So how can I link my phone to my already registered sony.com account?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emir1
Hero

It is possible to sync and link the following Sony accounts:
PlayStation™ Network
PlayStation™ Plus
PlayStation™ Video
PlayStation™ Music
PlayStation™ Now
PlayStation™ Vue
My Sony
Xperia Lounge
Xperia Care and My Support
Xperia Store
SonyMobile.com
MyAccount
Blogs and Community
Developer World

However, myXperia can not be linked in the same way. It is not possible in Sony Xperia Z3 Compact to sign on to myXperia using Sony Entertainment Network, only Google. The option is still there at http://myxperia.sonymobile.com because you used to be able to choose which account to register with, but that has since been removed. This allows for older devices to still utilize the feature.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Emir1
Hero

Hi @faxp,

You should be able to log in to myXperia using Google, since the account is unrelated to Sony.com accounts. Go to https://myxperia.sonymobile.com/, simply choose "Google". 

Where did you see a message regarding that you have to link your Google account to your Sony account? I am not sure how sony.com accounts work since they're a different department, but if you want to look into linking with it you should contact their support: Sony

faxp
Visitor

Well, on https://myxperia.sonymobile.com/ it says you can login with a Google Account or a "Sony Entertainment Network" account. The latter I had already setup, by linking it to my account.sonymobile.com.

However, when I login with that Sony account into myxperia it doesn't list my device.

The message did I received on my google-mail account, which told me to login with my google account on myxperia. Actually I wanted to avoid using two accounts / logins...

If I login with my google account into myxperia, it does show my device. Howver neither locating nor sound alert worked so far. (My xperia is activated on the phone).

Emir1
Hero

It is possible to sync and link the following Sony accounts:
PlayStation™ Network
PlayStation™ Plus
PlayStation™ Video
PlayStation™ Music
PlayStation™ Now
PlayStation™ Vue
My Sony
Xperia Lounge
Xperia Care and My Support
Xperia Store
SonyMobile.com
MyAccount
Blogs and Community
Developer World

However, myXperia can not be linked in the same way. It is not possible in Sony Xperia Z3 Compact to sign on to myXperia using Sony Entertainment Network, only Google. The option is still there at http://myxperia.sonymobile.com because you used to be able to choose which account to register with, but that has since been removed. This allows for older devices to still utilize the feature.

webmasda
Visitor

Emir1
Hero

@webmasda The my Xperia web service has been discontinued as of January 17, 2018. When trying to access the web service, you will now be redirected to the Find My Device web service instead.

If you have a Google™ account, the Find My Device web service can help you locate and secure your device if you ever lose it. If you have activated this service on your device, you can:

• Locate your device on a map.
  • Sound an alert even if the device is in Do not disturb mode.
  • Remotely lock the device and make the device display your contact details to anyone who finds it.
  • Remotely clear the internal and external memory of the device as a last resort.
webmasda
Visitor

Google Android device manager can't find android does not find the stolen devices and after 45 days he removes them from the list of devices they have to put the service again my Xperia to be able to locate the stolen mobiles like Apple or Samsung or alcatel or xiaomi etc .. all they have to locate them less sony that's why they lose customer