Join now - be part of our community!

W995 and Media Go - Music syncing very sloooooowly

Not applicable

W995 and Media Go - Music syncing very sloooooowly

Hi all. Hoping someone can help me. Using a W995 with latest firmware and Media Go 1.4 and trying to sync MP3s onto an 8Gb memory stick inside the phone. It seems to be  all configured correctly and I can play the music on the W995 once the process completes but it takes ages to sync (about 1Mb per minute). I have looked around on the internet to try to find some help but have come up empty. Can anyone help me please?!?!

1 REPLY 1
Not applicable

Hello!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

Media Go is really NOT a good media software to use with the phone.

If you REALLY want to use it 'cause you don't have any other media software, then you have to choice!

Yes... the transfer rate from software to phone is EXTREMELY slow as I've contact SE Tech support myself with NO good replies from tech support Slightly_frowning_Face

Worse, do NOT try to sync any videos as Media Go will Convert the videos accordingly BEFORE transfering it to the phone! This conversion/transfer process will Definitely LOCK up Media Go and is MUCH worse than just transfering song files over to the phones!

Fact.. Sony (Ericsson) makes terrible (if almost non-existant) media software for their phones. Without Media Go, SE would tell you to use WMP which is truly a joke of a software but, again, it's FREE, hence SE's "suggestion".

I use iTunes to rip and edit my media and song files.

I then leave iTunes open and position it to one side of the screen.

Then open up Windows Explorer (or another file manager software, if you have one) on the opposite side and open it up to the media card under the folder "Music". You can either drop all the song files under 1 big folder or create different folders for whatever music you like in whatever fashion!

Then highlight the files in iTunes then Drag n Drop! Wait until the files are transfered over! Done!

Or.. open up 2 versions of Win Explorer... one for SE media card and the other the location of your media files.

Highlight then Drag n drop the files from PC to phone's media card... similar to procedure listed above!

Either way, it's MUCH faster than using Media Go!

Oh... here's another problem especially if you use playlists like me....

1. Phone does NOT allow you use Folders under Media Player Slightly_frowning_Face unlike the Sony mp3 player that DOES allow this!

2. You can create folders of albums or compilations on media card but you can then create playlists ONLY from Phone then ADD the folder contents into the playlist which is VERY time consuming and FRUSTRATING Slightly_frowning_Face

BTW... when you create a Backup or update your phone's OS, ALL the  playlists are NOT backed up which will really Pissed you off!!!

You'll  have to create the playlists ALL over AGAIN!!!

So.. I no longer use the w995 as a media player and continue with my iPod!

Also... this'll be my LAST Sony Ericsson phone due to the frustrations of using it's media player and transfering files to/from phone!

Good phone but...

Lousy media player due to crappy, almost non-existant media software and functions!

Rating 4/10