Join now - be part of our community!

Setting SMS notification to multiple times till opened

Not applicable

Setting SMS notification to multiple times till opened

I keep missing SMSs as the phone only alerts me to incoming txt once and I don't always hear it.  Is there a way of setting it so that it notifies me periodically till I open the txt?  Every other phone I've had has allowed me to do this and I really miss not having it on my Xperia X10.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
sushidushi
Contributor

I'm pretty sure that you can't do that.  Not quite the same thing, but you can set the phone to leave a message in the status bar when you receive a text message.  That message will stay there till you open it.

Messaging - menu key (the one with 4 squares on the left) - Settings - Notification settings - Notifications.  There, tick the box at the top (Display message notifications in sttaus bar).  You will then have notifications for messages received in the status bar, which you get to by holding and pulling down the stripe at the top of the screen.

Not much use if the phone is in your pocket or handbag, of course, but I thiknk that's about as close as you're going to get, unless there's an app that allows you to have a repeated notification of incoming texts...

Not applicable

While it is true that you can't do this in the stock messaging app, it can be done using Handcent SMS (and I'm sure other messaging apps as well). All you have to do is open Handcent SMS, press the Menu button, select Settings, then Notification Settings, then scroll down until you find the section on reminders. Here you can enable reminders, their frequency, etc. You should be good to go after that. Hope this helps!!

Not applicable

Excellent, very helpful.  Downloaded Handset SMS and its doing exactly what i wanted,

Thanks