Join now - be part of our community!

problem with sony ericsson jalou

Not applicable

problem with sony ericsson jalou

hello!! i have a problem..when i close the phone i dont see the time and the battery status etc on the exterior screen!!!!! whats wrong? do i set it or there is sth wrong with my phone and i hav 2 change it..

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Martha-
Contributor

Hi f0br0cks, it sounds like your phone is in powersave mode.  If you just want to see the time and battery when the phone is closed and the lights are off, then tap one side or the other of the volume key.  The Jalou™ will display the time for less than a minute, then will re-enter powersave mode and go dark.  The length of time the light is on can't be adjusted.

Not applicable

Thank you so much for your reply! im not sure how to do this..i press the keys u said, but nothing happens. can u explain? thanks in advance,i was really worried..

ps: i check the power saving mode and it wasnt enabled!!!!!!!! Slightly_frowning_Face

Martha-
Contributor

I don't have to hold the volume key in any way, just tap it, either on + or -.

When you say that you found Power Save, did you find it under Connectivity - Bluetooth?  I can't see it anywhere else.  That setting doesn't have anything to do with the display, it manages the power used by Bluetooth when not in active use.

Not applicable

Thanks for replying back!!!

thats what i do..nothing happens.

yes thats where i found it!! oh okay.

do i have to put the handsfree on or something like that?

i dont know what to do i will take it to a shop and they will do it for me?

Martha-
Contributor

I just want to check - your phone is closed when you press the volume key, right?  Does your volume key make anything happen on the screen when the flip is open (it should bring up status).

If this doesn't help, and the phone shows status on the main screen but not the outer screen, try taking the battery out, then reseating it and restart the phone.  Sometimes something very simple like a reboot can make all of the difference!

Not applicable

yes its closed. and when i press the buttons nothing happens, but if i open it it says on the screen about "phone status"

ok i will try to put the battery again..thanks for ur help!!!! will post back, if any other suggestion let me know

So i hav to take out the battery and put again or set anything else from the menu too??

Not applicable

i take out battery and put again and nothing happened Slightly_frowning_Face

Martha-
Contributor

Wow.  This is strange, its not the type of thing that would normally "break".  I am wondering if the volume button may have been disabled when the flip is closed, but only as a regional or carrier customization of the firmware.  This would be to prevent you from accidentally rejecting an incoming call with the volume key (I can't think of any other reason to do this).  There are a couple of ways we can find out:

1.  Call your phone from a another phone.  Tap the volume key in the same  way that we have discussed and see if it rejects the call.  You can go to the store where you got your phone and see if other Jalou units display the same behaviour.

2.  If you take the battery out of your phone and get the SI number (looks like 1234-5678) then I can flash our Jalou to your firmware version and see if it displays time and battery when the flip is closed.  This is the MOST accurate.

If it is a customization, then there is nothing wrong with your phone, it is just a little different from the generic version.

Not applicable

Iknow its strange, i took it to the store and they did all they had to do and they said its problem with it and i ordered a new one
thanks again for ur replies:smileyhappy: