Join now - be part of our community!

photos disappearing

missmaloney1
Visitor

photos disappearing

Ok so im having this problem recently where when i take a photo it seems to disappear after a few days all thats left in my album is a black square. If i tap the black square it says media not found or its jus blank wven as i am typing this 3 photo have disappeared can anyone help me with this
9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Do you save pictures in internal or microSD? If it is on SD,you might want to try internal instead as it could be a SD fault.

alexdon
missmaloney1
Visitor

It is on sd as my interal memory is full
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

My guess is that the microSD is faulty or needs a format. Can you try this? Format it in your computer/laptop using an adapter.

alexdon
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

We've seen this many times, that the SD card it's corrupted or acting up and create this issues. 

mr_xzibit
Contributor

I have a 64gb sd card brought from ebay for £6
Once 9gb or so of data has been written. Anything else added just vanishes. (a lot of sd cards that fail QA are stolen and sold as working cards)
Of course others can just fail over time. I suspect one these may be your issue.
missmaloney1
Visitor

Oh ok thanx alot guys i will try the formatting if that dus not wrk i guess i will be buying a new 1
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Keep us updated.

alexdon
DarkEyEinc
Visitor

PlayMemories Online was updated Today. Check Album Again. All should be there if you had it backuped there. Servers was down today.
roxyroxy
Explorer

Hi guys,

My mum has the same problem, but she doesn't have the photos on the SD card. All the pictures she takes or receives on WhatsApp disappear from her phone after few days. 

I had the problem with the SD card, that I had a black square after power off and on. But in her case there is no square left. They are just gone, no sign that there was something before.

Could you please help with this?

Thank you!