Join now - be part of our community!

Barclays banking app fails to open

Jimineycricket1
Visitor

Barclays banking app fails to open

Downloaded barclays banking app but when ever I try to open it comes back with failure to open?

7 REPLIES 7
ChloeS
Contributor

Hi @Jimineycricket,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about that Slightly_frowning_Face have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application?

Apart from saying failure to open, is there another error message you are getting? 

Let me know Slightly_smiling_Face

Jazzypoppy
Visitor

I have the same problem. I'm guessing it's not supported because of the chip set used in Thai phone I'm guessing. I had a the same problem with the huawei p10

NitaO
Visitor

I have been experiencing the same issue with the Barclays app, I have deleted the app and installed it back but it doesn't open

Chitari
Visitor

i'm about to pull my hair out!!

bought an xperia xa1 because my wife's huawei honor 8 had this problem with barclays.

i love sony and i've never had theis problem with them before.

and it does not work on this phone too!!

this. is. sooooo. **bleep**. frustrating!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Chitari

I understand your frustration but this app it is NOT a Sony app, its up to the developer to fix any bugs issues and/or compatibility, you should contact them regarding this. 

Bobble27
Visitor

I'm having the same problem with the xa1 and the Barclays App.

For info, the Barclays App has always worked no problem on my old xperia z, so not sure why it won't work on the xa1. What's changed?

Bobble27
Visitor

I've just downloaded an update for the Barclays app and hey presto it now works on my xa1! 

I did have to go through setting my account up but that's quite easy by following the steps. 

Hope it works for you!