Join now - be part of our community!

Android Market Issue?

Not applicable

Android Market Issue?

Greetings all,

I am a proud new owner of a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, I have one or two problems that I cant seem to get answers to so I hope you can help me here.

My android market thingy, I go into it and select the app I want to download, and it says, starting download, and then thats it, nothing happens, it stays like that.  Am I doing something wrong?

Also I cant get the timescape thing sussed out, I dod't seem to get any notifications from facebook or twitter even though I have it set to update,

I am a n00b at all this new technology hehe, any tips would be great,

Also, just to add to someone elses post, mine also has the problem with the automatic time, when it goes into standby the time freezes and you have to restart the phone to get it to update again, seeing as it goes into standby for a minute after every use thats not much good, so I switched to manual time which works fine.  Annnnnd any tips on the battery, or a way to see what applications i have running? the phone doesn;t seem to charge if its doing something, but mostly I cant find what it is its "doing" to stop it so it will charge,

Sorry for the rambling and many questions lol, I hope someone will have the patience to reply Slightly_smiling_Face

Many thanks

Elektra

9 REPLIES 9
KrazyD
Contributor

Try updating with Sony Ericsson Update Service as you most likely have older firmware.

Not applicable

do you mean the actual sony ericsson update or the android update cause it says I have the most up to date software on it, it says if I have any phone problems to hit repair, should I try that?

Jeff
Enthusiast

My android market thingy, I go into it and select the app I want to download, and it says, starting download, and then thats it, nothing happens, it stays like that.  Am I doing something wrong?

Have you tried other Internet settings? For example, the default settings by my carriers in Canada and Dominican Republic, when I request the automated settings, do not work on the Market, I have to manually enter new settings each time I get a new Android phone.

Also I cant get the timescape thing sussed out, I dod't seem to get any notifications from facebook or twitter even though I have it set to update,

Once you add the accounts open Timescape and MENU > SETTINGS > SET UP SERVICES > Select the account (Facebook/Twitter) > Adjust the Update Automatically setting. By default its set to Never, so I just want to be 100% clear, you are in the right place.

Also, just to add to someone elses post, mine also has the problem with the automatic time, when it goes into standby the time freezes and you have to restart the phone to get it to update again, seeing as it goes into standby for a minute after every use thats not much good, so I switched to manual time which works fine.

We'll need to make a list of what carriers and software versions people have. I haven't seen this before. My carriers haven't had this problem.

Annnnnd any tips on the battery, or a way to see what applications i have running? the phone doesn;t seem to charge if its doing something, but mostly I cant find what it is its "doing" to stop it so it will charge,

There are a huge number of apps. that apply to battery life for all Android devices. I'm sure other members will post their suggestions, and when your Market issue is sorted, you can search for them.

Not applicable

Thank you so much for your responses so far its been very helpful,

I still have the android market problem, I am not to sure what I am doing with it its all new to me, I looked in all the internet settings and everything seems set how it should be unless tthere are more settings somewhere else I haven't come across yet...

Basically I select an application, click download, and it gives me a message saying "your item will download" it goes to the starting download screen and then just stays there, nothing else happens Slightly_frowning_Face

Sorry to be a pain!! Maybe I am doing something real dumb - does it go to a folder somewhere? But I guess its not actually downloading because when I check back to download it still says "starting download"

With regards to carriers I assume its the provider? in which case thats vodafone,

Another question, is there anything apart from IMO I can use for Skype on this phone? Skype online aren't supporting it (I hope very soon they will).

Not applicable

This Problem most of the Time originates from not having set up the account at first boot,

in Order to solve it reset your X10 and enter your Account data at first boot.

Not applicable

Like, restore factory settings?? OMG I will cry if I have to do that hahaha I will see if anyone else has anymore ideas first and then perhaps I will give that a try, thank you Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

Jep, sry thats the only way

Not applicable

Thanks all,

You were right I did need to reset my phone, and I also had to change from gmail to google mail its a known fault I found on google forums, here is the link for if anyone interested or needs to fix this in the future

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=57b5e3efa7477b50&hl=en

thanks to everyone for being a great help,

which app do you reccommend for saving the battery power?

Thanks!

Not applicable

okay *big sigh

So I did all that my phones all great, go to text someone and I have no access to contacts Slightly_frowning_Face

Now says sim card unavailable - one thing after another...any ideas on that? lol before i smash it up :smileygrin: