Join now - be part of our community!

Z2 Tablet very crackly when skyping

Sealby22
Explorer

Z2 Tablet very crackly when skyping

I have a z2 tablet and I couldn't get the mic to work when skyping my wife could hear me but I couldn't hear her, so I turned it off and on again and it started to work but it is very crackly and intermittent, does anyone know what could be causing it, or if can be fixed Easily?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

My only suggestion is to ensure that both devices that you and your wife use is clear from any obstructions around the mic and speakers (i.e. fluff)

Cheers

Sealby22
Explorer

Thanks for that, I did think that, it my wife's Z2 that's the problem, I have hers in a Sony case, I've tried removing it from the case, and I've tried calling my Sony Tablet and my old ipads, as I thought it may be a Sony thing as we've both just moved over from ipads last weekend, but I've narrowed it down to hers. I've emailed Sony I'm just waiting for a reply. I was thinking but using one of them spray air dusters but was afraid I might cause more damage blowing into the Mic?

Sealby22
Explorer

An update on my tablet. I had to do a full reset. That didn't work so I've had to return it to Sony for repair, hopefully it will come back ok.