Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z2 Tablet Stock Level Problem

SilverMerlin

Xperia Z2 Tablet Stock Level Problem

After being told that the Xperia Z2 32GB tablet is not going to starting delivering until the 14th April from the sonymobile website I decided to cancel my preorder and order from sony.co.uk. I did this as the tablet was in stock according to the website when I ordered and was estimated to be delivered a couple of days later. 

I understand this is very much what you might call a first world problem, there are far more serious things going on in the world,  and would not be too bothered if the tablet had shown as not being in stock or delayed when I ordered it but it clearly states that the tablet is in stock and was due for delivery.  Please see the screenshot from today (2nd April 2014) that shows what I mean. 

Please can you alter you website so that other know that the tablet is not in stock and is actually delayed as this is making a false claim about the products availability. I also wondered if anyone knows when the tablet will be delivered as I am going on holiday soon and will obviously need to be in to collect it or it could get sent back. Is it also going to be from the 14th April?

Screenshot_1.png

14 REPLIES 14
SilverMerlin

Hi atcdel1. I received a phonecall from Sony yesterday afternoon (4 April) and it is the free tablet dock that is not in stock rather than the tablet itself. So the very helpful person I spoke to suggested that we split the two items in to two separate orders which he did. The tablet has now moved on my order status from being prepared to shipping so hopefully it should be here soon. Thanks for the good customer service Sony.

Just wondered if you have not heard from Sony it might be worth giving them a ring to ask whether it is the same issue that is holding up your order. It could be the free tablet dock as well. Worth a try I think.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Thanks for the information SilverMerlin!

You may well have just helped alot of people that are waiting for their tablets. :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
atcde1

I phoned Sony to ask if my Z2 tablet/docking station order could be split, and they said it wasn't possible without cancelling and creating a new order. But they looked into my original order, and there *is* a docking station in stock that has been allocated to me. My tablet is due in next week and I should receive both items, together, earlier than the original estimated delivery date.

So for me, it wasn't worth losing my place on the waitlist to ask for the order to be split. 

I've ordered the LTE version, so perhaps stock levels are different for each model? 

SilverMerlin

Just to let everyone know I received my Z2 tablet on the 9th April and the charging dock a couple of days later. Just back from my hols so did'nt get chance to post until now. Thanks Sony for rectifying the problem I was impressed with the customer service. The tablet is excellent by the way, really impressed very happy to have bought it.

profile.country.GB.title
atcde1

Mine arrived 12 days before the original estimated date.