Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z 10" tablet no longer charging

kb2408
Visitor

Xperia Z 10" tablet no longer charging

Hi

We've had charging problems with our tablet before and sent it back to be fixed. The same problem is now happening. It won't charge via socket cable or USB cable. Now and again we have had luck and the steady red light comes on to charge, however it is very frustrating that generally the thing is dead.

Please can you fix this? It's definately the internal socket and not the cable and we have tried different cables and nothing charges it. We've had it a year and really didn't expect this kind of problem.

Thanks

Katy

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@kb2408

You should try different wall chargers and cables, if that doesn't work then contact your Local support

Christofer
Champion

Hi @kb2408,

I'm sorry to hear that.

Since you have tried different cables and chargers you should get in touch with you Local support team in order to get your tablet examined at an authorised service center.

Aylon
Visitor

I also have the same issue, won't charge more than 30% and drains fast, ever since updating to lollipop. I notice lots of people have the same issue with Xperia phones, and I'm sure the local service centre will just charge for failing to fix what is a software issue. Come on Sony, if you want to make it in the mobile business you need to be on top of this kind of issue. I've always bought your TV's because they last but been so disappointed with the 3 Xperia phones and now the tablet. If you can't fix this maybe I need to try Samsung or nexus. 

Christofer
Champion

@Aylon I'm sorry to hear that.

You mention that this started after updating to Lollipop, have you tried to perform a software repair using PC Companion since then?