Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet Z Lollipop Update - Blank Screen

SOLVED

Tablet Z Lollipop Update - Blank Screen

Following the Lollipop update to my tablet (SGP311)  it has developed a problem where the entire screen aside from the notification bar is black and unresponsive. I have tried booting into safe mode but with no such luck and cannot reinstall with PC Compantion due to the device having a screenlock. It appears like it was a bad/corrupt firmware as I have had the same symptom on my Nexus 5 when messing around with Cyanogen.

Has anyone had any similar experiences or any idea on how to tackle this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@microwave_of_evil

You can use PCC > turn off the phone > run PCC > follow the steps to update your tablet > connect the tablet 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@microwave_of_evil

You can use PCC > turn off the phone > run PCC > follow the steps to update your tablet > connect the tablet 

@uliwoolyThanks for the speedy reply!

I am unsure what happened, in the process of following the steps you provided the UI decided to randomly reappear, so the screen lock has been promptly disabled and will start doing a reset now. Thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

splasher
Visitor

I have this problem on my Z2 tablet after lollipop 5 update I have used pcc to backup files and reconfigure tablet the problem remains black screen no lock icon to swipe. I have to tap the time at top right of screen which opens drop down bar and change face icon to guest, then new screen appears with lock icon, unlock tablet change family icon to owner

It's driving me nuts.