Join now - be part of our community!

Laptop model SVF1531C5E less than 2 months old - no power and dead

SOLVED
allawee
Explorer

Laptop model SVF1531C5E less than 2 months old - no power and dead

The laptop suddently stopped working and is dead, no lights, no power, nothing! the green light on the ac adaptor is working.

I contatcted Sony service support. They tried remove the battery, press power button for 10 seconds and plug back and nothing still

The guy then surprised me to say that the fault is not under repair and is chargeable! he claimed the power adaptor or the plug in socket in the laptop is faulty?! how he concluded that is beyond me!

I have had to send phots to Sony of the power plug and the female connection port on the laptop!

I find it ridicolous that a laptop less than 2 months old and without inspection, they are trying to charge for the repair.

A friend who is an IT expert informed me that sony laptops suffer from motherboard failure which could be the cause?

1. Any one had similar sort of problems with their laptop?

2. Any one had similar issues with customer services and warranty support?

Many thanks

Ali

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi allawee,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

I asked for one of my contacts within Sony to take a look at your case & they has informed me that after looking at the images you supplied the repair centre concluded that this is a chargable repair & not a fault with your vaio, so unfortunately there is nothing more that we as users can do to help you I'm afraid..

Your only course of action is to deal direct with the support team..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi allawee,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

I asked for one of my contacts within Sony to take a look at your case & they has informed me that after looking at the images you supplied the repair centre concluded that this is a chargable repair & not a fault with your vaio, so unfortunately there is nothing more that we as users can do to help you I'm afraid..

Your only course of action is to deal direct with the support team..