Join now - be part of our community!

Ireland: No Music/Video Unlimited?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
DonalOC
Visitor

Ireland: No Music/Video Unlimited?

Could somebody please put me out of my misery and tell me if it is at all possible to use music unlimited and video unlimited in Ireland? Any time i try to use them it tells me that it doesnt work in my country!

These are some of the more prominent features which I hoped to use... I will be doing a lot of travelling in the coming months which is why I bought this device, for movies, music and keeping in touch on the go. I hate to say it but I'm wishing I went for an iPad... Somebody please help.

Donal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anobrie79
Visitor

Music Unlimited is available, Video Unlimited isn't YET?????? Beware of using Music Unlimited for travel. As far as I am aware ( i'm open to correcstion) if you travel to an area where the service is not up and running you may not be able to log in. M.U  is a streaming service and rights have not been secured in all countries, and probably never will be. Sony's attempts to have an "all features" device is severely restricted by licensing issues. BTW, you need to download Sony's Account Manager software from the market place before M.U will work.

Message was edited by: anobrie79

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
anobrie79
Visitor

Music Unlimited is available, Video Unlimited isn't YET?????? Beware of using Music Unlimited for travel. As far as I am aware ( i'm open to correcstion) if you travel to an area where the service is not up and running you may not be able to log in. M.U  is a streaming service and rights have not been secured in all countries, and probably never will be. Sony's attempts to have an "all features" device is severely restricted by licensing issues. BTW, you need to download Sony's Account Manager software from the market place before M.U will work.

DonalOC
Visitor

Thank you for your help, the MU problem has been solved, thank god. I've also been having a problem with my tablet dropping my wifi connection every few minutes, do you know of this problem or how to fix it?

I have already adjusted the wifi settings so it does not disconnect when the screen turns off.

Thanks again

Donal

anobrie79
Visitor

Yep, same prob with WiFI but only in weaker signal area. My S.E Arc phone has far superior WiFi reception.