Join now - be part of our community!

Encrypted Z3 compact tablet/phone, but no password needed to log on

SOLVED
probedb
Visitor

Encrypted Z3 compact tablet/phone, but no password needed to log on

I see someone already posted this last year for a Z2.

Swirling security icon on boot but never asks for a password.

Thoughts? I have the latest firmware and please don't tell me to reset it back to factory settings, I never had to do this when I had a Nexus 4, 5 or 7 when firmware updates happened.

Love my Z3 Compacts but has some weirdness with encryption.

Tags (1)
31 REPLIES 31
Rickard
Master

Yes, i think that might be a good idea. But if possible, do the software repair from PC Companion so that the firmware is reinstalled as you might have an issue there in your device. 

Which browser are you using? If i press end i'm taken to the end of the current line.

probedb
Visitor

So no idea what's going on, it's worked fine with 20% charge and switching on. I guess the joys of software/hardware!

Rickard
Master

I suspect the issue is caused by something else than the battery level. Did you try to repair the software using PC Companion? There might be an issue with the software installation in your device.

probedb
Visitor

Yep, I let it charge to 100% and had the same issue, reset it and it accepted the password.

At some point I'll try the software and reset.

PetCZ
Visitor

Yes, I have the same problem with encryption. No encryption is not a problem

probedb
Visitor

I've not had it for a while, however with an update I got through the other night, every time I turn it on it's going through the 'optimising apps' phase. My phone doesn't have any of these issues.

PetCZ
Visitor

I also wrote 'optimising apps' and then could not enter a password

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@probedb

have you added a trusted location?

probedb
Visitor

I doubt it, I have no idea what a trusted location is.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert