Join now - be part of our community!

Disappointed

KathUK
Explorer

Disappointed

We had placed a pre-order for an Xperia Z2 tablet on 5 March 2014. When ordering it was clearly stated that we needed delivery of the tablet before 10 April 2014. The agent who took the order said that was no problem as the system was indicating a delivery date of 21 March 2014. When checked online the delivery date was shown to be between 25 and 26 March 2014. Needless to say nothing was received on the above dates so we contacted Sony. Sony says sorry the demand was too great so delivery will now only take place after 14 April! Sony must have known how many units they would be receiving so when our order was placed the system should have already indicated that all units to be delivered had been sold and we should have been given feedback accordingly and not strung along with false promises. Customer service and escalations say there is absolutely nothing they can do. My wife leaves the UK on 13 April and desperately needs to have the tablet so that we can stay in contact while she travels. The only option we have been given is to cancel the order and go buy a Samsung!!!! Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi KathUK and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Sorry you've had trouble getting the new Z2, I've had a hands-on look and it really is fantastic!

Unfortunately I don't think that ther'es anyone here that will be able to help.

Unfortunately we don't have the power to make Sony create their stock any faster :slight_frown:

I will escalate this again for you, but you have said that you have already been through the customer service and escalation processes with no luck.

If you really can't get the item before your wife goes away have you thought about the Xperia Z1 tablet?

I have one and it is superb :slight_smile:

KathUK
Explorer

Hi jumpsuit

Thank you for the welcome and the response.

My wife had tried to respond to your post but I don't think it came through. We had initially considered the Z1 but would prefer the Z2 due to the hardware upgrades.

We appreciate that this forum cannot influence anything within Sony itself but are more trying to get answers as to how they could be making promises regarding delivery when they must have already outsold there stock coming in.

I want to get answers from higher than the escalations officer and customer service, unfortunately it is very difficult to get any contact details.

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again

I can certainly understand your frustration.

Hopefully we should hear something regarding your escalation in the next few days.

Otherwise the best way may be for you to write to:

Sony Europe Limited

The Heights,

Brooklands,

Weybridge,

Surrey,

KT13 0XW

UK

KathUK
Explorer

Thank you jumpsuit...

We certainly hope to hear something sooner rather than later. We will send off a letter to the address you have mentioned as well.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

No problem :wink:

Fingers crossed.

If you hear anything before we do please keep us updated here. Thanks.

KathUK
Explorer

Hi jumpsuit

Still no real response to anything other than to say they cannot influence Sony and the deliveries of stock!!

I cannot beleive a company the size of Sony operates like this... How can you still make promises regarding delivery dates after you know you have allocated all the units being received in the first delivery from factory...

I find this very frustrating.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Sorry to hear they can't speed anything up for you :slight_frown:

Unfortunately I can't realy offer any advice except perhaps cancelling the order and buying another tablet.

Its a shame as the Z2 looks great.