Join now - be part of our community!

Can't hard reset my tablet

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
leimad13
Visitor

Can't hard reset my tablet

Hi.

My kids have gotten a virus on my tablet and now it is stuck in reboot loop. It fires up and after about 5 seconds it restarts. You can see stuff being downloaded that I have no idea about. It sometimes says something like "PPball has stopped working" and bombards the screen with various popups. It stops responding very quickly and reboots. I tried getting into recovery mode and I can click thru to last screen but it won't do anything when I press "erase everything". I hear the clicking sound when tapping the button but thats about it. Tablet then restarts and it carries on doing that.

Now I read about every page on the internet about hard reseting it but nothing really works. I can not get into fast boot mode to hard reset it. Pressed Volume + then pressed Power, hold them together, nothing happens. Pc companion cant do anything as it wont install the tablet in such a short amount of time before next reboot. Emma shows tablet is locked (and I was sure it is not), cant unlock it becasue I cant stay in the. Can anyone advice me how I can reset my tablet? Am I doing something wrong here as I can not seem to boot into recovery mode. Is there a way to unlock the tablet without booting into android system so I could flash it clean?

Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@gathor

Remove any SIM or SD cards from the tablet > connect the tablet to a wall charger, if the tablet its off don't attempt to turn it on, if its on > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2 hours 

on your PC 

run PCC > support zone > repair > follow the steps 

software repair

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@gathor

Remove any SIM or SD cards from the tablet > connect the tablet to a wall charger, if the tablet its off don't attempt to turn it on, if its on > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2 hours 

on your PC 

run PCC > support zone > repair > follow the steps 

software repair

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@gathor

If while connecting the tablet to the computer it starts booting on and off 

follow the steps on PCC until the point that you have to connect the tablet while holding volume down > 

with the tablet connected > press and hold power & volume up until the tablet turns off > release the buttons and press and hold volume down, this might take few tries. 

leimad13
Visitor

Thank you for getting back to me. I have put the tablet on charge about hour ago, will leave it on for one more. Will check PCC once again and try to go from there.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@gathor

Anytime, keep us updated

leimad13
Visitor

All sorted out thanks to you my friend. I followed instructions from the PCC link you provided and it worked flawlessly. I can't believe I missed the repair option, I was trying to connect to tablet while it was on all the time. 

So thanks again my xperia is up and running like a new one again! Top man.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@gathor

Excellent Slightly_smiling_Face