Join now - be part of our community!

any ways i can improve my wifi.

SOLVED
jonisingt35r
Explorer

any ways i can improve my wifi.

Hi

WiFi has been really slick and no download issues, now I definitely have issues I've done the obvious are there any more advanced ways on improving WiFi, it's not a range issue as the tablet is used in same position, brand new router and I've never had issues with my connection.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

That signal strength should not cause any issues.

But in the app i mentioned you can see which channel your network is on and there's a page in the app when you can select your network and it shows which channel that's best to use. Try switching your router to another channel and if possible, a channel with few other networks nearby.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Rickard
Master

Sorry to hear that you have issues with WiFi.

Could you elaborate on the issue? What happens more exactly?

You say the router is brand new, has it been working before with this router? Does other devices connected to the router work without issues?

jonisingt35r
Explorer

Sorry I should have elaborated, I have full signal most of the time it's only about 10m from router I just have freezing moments watching YouTube just things not loading, I've never had a problem with my connection in 6years. Wife from other equipment works fine in the same area.

Or should I just move on and get the z4? Is it much of an improvement than the z3?

Cheers

Rickard
Master

The WiFI icon shows that it's still connected and has a good reception when this happens?

Have you tried to update the firmware in both your tablet and router?

If your router is a dual band routerm could you try both bands and see if the same thing happens?

I don't have any Z4 Tablet yet so i'm afraid it's hard for me to make a comparison. But the information i have is that it will have faster WiFi. You don't need switch to another tablet to get working WiFi though. Z3 Tablet Compact supports 802.11ac with data transfer rates of up to 433Mbit/s. I use one myself and i max out my internet connection at home (100Mbit/s) with it.

jonisingt35r
Explorer

Everything is current, haven't really looked at the icon much, just seems strange when I first used it Internet loaded instantaneous now it's freezing 

and just stopping. Today didn't really work in the morning, now in the afternoon it's perfect in the same position.

Rickard
Master

Have you tried switching your router to another channel? To find which channel that's best to use in your area you can use an app like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer

Do you know if your router supports both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz?

jonisingt35r
Explorer

No single channel 

I'm at -65db not sure if that's good or bad.

Rickard
Master

That signal strength should not cause any issues.

But in the app i mentioned you can see which channel your network is on and there's a page in the app when you can select your network and it shows which channel that's best to use. Try switching your router to another channel and if possible, a channel with few other networks nearby.

jonisingt35r
Explorer

Thanks for your help

Rickard
Master

Glad to hear that it worked Slightly_smiling_Face