Join now - be part of our community!

SRS-X5 won't auto power off when Bluetooth device connected

klaahs
Explorer

SRS-X5 won't auto power off when Bluetooth device connected

The auto power off function on my recently purchased SRS-X5 does not appear to function correctly under all circumstances. If I am using the Audio In then it does work as described by powering off if no music or sound is output from the connected audio device for about 15 minutes. However when connected via Bluetooth auto power off does not occur (I've left it for well over an hour with no music being played from the Bluetooth connected device). If I disable the Bluetooth on the audio device the SRS-X5 does then subsequently auto power off after about 15 minutes.

Can anyone suggest what might be amiss here (note I have also tried 3 different bluetooth devices - iPod, SmartPhone, laptop - with same results)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Kevin

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
bgeagle
Explorer

Kevin,

I'm having the opposite problem. I am using the SRS-X5 with an Echo Dot. I would prefer to connect it with an audio cable but the Auto Power off is a problem. I have the charging cable plugged in at all times and would like for the speaker to stay on so that when I use the Echo, the sound produced comes out of the Sony rather than the Echo. Of course, the Auto Power Off feature shuts the speaker down after about 15 minutes. As a workaround, I'm using the Bluetooth Standby feature but It's a pain since I have to use the Alexa app on my Android phone to reconnect to the speaker. 

Ken

profile.country.RO.title
cosmingpx8

Plise setting on  this spiker to auxiliar imput or anodher device