Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Walkman nw-a35

profile.country.GB.title
steveohim
Explorer

Sony Walkman nw-a35

I’ve just bought this Walkman and using a Mac. I’m dragging and dropping files, but I can’t make a playlist. I’ve followed the videos on YouTube by Sony but it just doesn’t work. Also a lot of the album art is missing. What am I doing wrong?

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

For playlist: are you using  "Content Transfer for Mac "?

For artwork, it's info tag that were not properly added to the file, either itunes screwed or your file doesn't contain the picture art but it's included in the folder of your album and walkman can't read it. Walkman needs the cover art to be included in the core music file

profile.country.GB.title
steveohim
Explorer

No I thought it was just drag and drop from my Mac. Do I have to import into iTunes first then?

profile.country.GB.title
steveohim
Explorer

I’ve used content transfer but still showing no album art on a lot of the albums

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

As I said in previous message, if cover art doesn't show properly it's because tag has no been encrypted the right way. It's common issue.

Nothing to do with walkman but that's because of your music file to start with. Even itunes doesn't manage to do it right from time to time.

Unfortunately, the only way to fix it is to insert cover each by each either with itunes or a dedicated software like mp3tag

profile.country.GB.title
steveohim
Explorer

I’ve added the art to iTunes but it still doesn’t show up when I’ve added them to the walkman

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

Typical from crappy itunes, it  failed to do it...

When that happens to me that's how I do it with iTunes:

1)Delete art from music file (with iTunes)

2)Rotate cover art (left or right) then save

3)Reverse to have cover art as initial

4)Add cover to file via iTunes

5)Drag & drop to walkman music folder

It shoud work now

Where your file originally come from? Usually this happens usually when you copy files from a friend HDD or DL files from unknown source...when you buy or rip a CD  from itunes, there are none issue.

profile.country.GB.title
steveohim
Explorer

My files are stored on hardrive from cd from years ago I think. 

Mom not sure I understand step 3 and 4. Rotate where?

i usually just get the cover art from google and save into downloads and then go into iTunes and add cover art 

profile.country.GB.title
steveohim
Explorer

I’ve added a few album artwork in iTunes. A few is displayed on the Walkman. The rest not, I give up 

profile.country.GB.title
Jerusalema
New

Hi, The process of adding the art to your music file is very easy. All you have to do is to download Tagr on your mac then you should be able to search for the art on google and assign it to the music file using the mentioned application. This is how i do mine after downloading any music album that the art is not embedded  on the file.

It is pretty easy and the art are visible on my player and on all of my albums.. After attaching the art to all your musical files then you may create a playlist to import to iTunes and from iTunes drag and drop to your player...