Join now - be part of our community!

Sony SRS-XB10 and PS Vita... No sound

profile.country.GB.title
LeamSpaceman
Explorer

Sony SRS-XB10 and PS Vita... No sound

I have just bought a pair of Sony SRS-XB10 Bluetooth speakers.

They pair with and work flawlessly with my One Plus 3 phone. 

However, they do pair to my PS Vita Slim via Bluetooth but the sound from the Vita doesn't come from the speakers. Instead it just continues to come from the Vita internal speakers. 

Anyone have any thoughts as to what may be the issue? 

Thanks... 

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi LeamSpaceman,

Thanks for your message. We are looking into this and someone will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
LeamSpaceman
Explorer

Thank you. 

I got the speakers mainly for use with my Vita and from using them with my phone they sound awesome so it will be a shame to have to return them. 

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @LeamSpaceman,

You might have already done this, but just in case - have you checked the Bluetooth settings in your PS Vita to make sure the speakers paired as the correct device type (see here)?  If so and all looks ok, I suggest getting in touch with Support so they can help you with this (details here).

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
LeamSpaceman
Explorer

Hey cass_n.

Thanks for taking the time out to respond. 

The speakers show as connected but there is no device icon displayed. So there is a connection but to an unknown device type. 

I've tried connecting an old Jam2 bluetooth speaker and that connects and plays sound through it fine. 

I've also noticed that sometimes when the Sony speakers connect to the Vita, the Vita sound becomes muted and can only be unmuted by rebooting. However, even when the unmuting doesn't happen there's still no sound. 

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hmm.  Have you tried un-pairing and then re-pairing the Sony speakers to see if this makes any difference with identifying the correct device type?

profile.country.GB.title
LeamSpaceman
Explorer

Yep, tried all the obvious things.

I tried a Google of the issue and read about some similar issues others have had but nothing that indicates a 'known' issue.

I guess the amount of people using bluetooth devices with a PS Vita is at a minimum. 

I have connected one speaker via the headphone out and aux in and this allows the other speaker to pair wirelessly and give stereo sound. 

I've got a pair of Creative bluetooth speakers on order too so will see if they pair. 

I don't like using single bluetooth speakers as the sound is mono but there are only a limited number of single speakers around that pair up with another to give left and right channels. 

profile.country.GB.title
LeamSpaceman
Explorer

Well, I received two Creative Muvo 2C speakers today. 

They connected to the Vita no problem via bluetooth and I get stereo sound. The Creative speakers showed up as the correct device too. 

I did call Sony but all they could suggest was a 'compatibility issue.'

So I'm going to keep the Creative speakers and return the Sony. I save £24 too as the Creative speakers are cheaper. They sound just as good and have more features such as SD card compatibility.